Writing & speaking English, 1 topic per week!

Thảo luận trong 'Tiếng Anh' bắt đầu bởi hang442, 2/10/12.

1. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    WTH :((
    Anyway, English plz :))
  2. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    up... Is there anybody wants to introduce yourself? ^^
  3. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Some people beleive that money should be invested in arts. Others think that this huge amount of money should be spent on the development of more practical areas such as education and health care. Discuss these both vew and view and give your own opinion

My essay:
    It can not be denied that money invested in arts is increasing in recent years, especially in the developed country. However, many many people claim that it is too waste and with such a huge amount of money, people can have a better life with the development of education, health care,... Each of these view has its own merits.

There are strong reasons for supporting the former view. The most obvios gain of these circumtances, accompanied with the risks, is that it is very profitable. An art may not be sold for anyone, but also may be sold at several millions dollar prices, even more. That is the objective of some big producer in the world such as Walt Disney, Fox,... - the entertainment companies. Another valuable result of this is the cultureal diffusion. This could be proven by the fact that Korean culture in Asian countries. More people are learning Korean language, more people are eating Korean meals, more people want to travel to Korea... That happened because they like Korea films or music. Korea's export is also increasing significantly because they have music or movie stars in their advertisement. Finally, who want to live like a robot: eat, sleep and work all day? Some time you have to relax by listenning some music, watching a movie or playing sports... Thus, arts is a field that worthy a reasonable investment.

Nevertheless, the idea of investing more money in practical areas such as education and health care is also well-grounded. In developing country, their highest goals still is how to improve people's life standard, including a good quality education and health care. If investing too much in arts, their buget, which is inherently very small, will be not enough to upgrade the schools and hospitals. Whereas, the investment in arts is very hard to predict the results. Infact, almost art activites such as music contests, producing films can be held based on social capital so the State can be focus on others economic and social goals.

To sum up, it is imperative to thoroughly examine both strength and weekness of this suggestion before it can be applied in each country. Particularly in Vietnam, I am better conviced of the later view because of the level of our economic development as well as arts. I think we should keep using the social capital and our government should be concentrate on developing infrastructure such as electric, roads, schools and hospitals.

Arrg, plz fix my mistakes!!!
  4. cuocsongmuonmau_1592

cuocsongmuonmau_1592 Member

Tham gia:
    10/1/11
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Giới tính:
    Nữ
    Hi every one, I'm a third-year student but I 'm not confident about my English. I find many hard on studing and I don't know what I should do.
  5. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    I corrected some minor errors in your essay. Hope it's useful.

It can not be denied that money invested in art is increasing in recent years, especially in the developed countries. However, many people claim that it is too wasted and with such a huge amount of money, people can have a better life with more developed education, health care... Each of these views has its own merits.

There are strong reasons for supporting the former view. The most obvious gain of these circumstances, accompanied with the risks, is that it is very profitable. An art work may not be sold for anyone, but also may be sold at several million-dollar prices, even more. That is the objective of some big producers in the world such as Walt Disney, Fox... - entertainment companies. Another valuable result of this is the cultural diffusion. This could be proven by the example of Korean culture in Asian countries. More people are learning Korean language, more people are eating Korean foods, more people want to travel to Korea... That happened because they like Korea films or music. Korea's export is also increasing significantly because they have music or movie stars in their advertisement. Finally, who wants to live like a robot: eating, sleeping and working all day? Sometimes you have to relax by listening to music, watching movies or playing sports... Thus, art is a field that is worthy a reasonable investment.

Nevertheless, the idea of investing more money in practical areas such as education and health care is also well-grounded. In developing countries, the highest goal still is how to improve people's life standards, including good quality education and health care. If investing too much in arts, their budget, which is inherently very small, will be not enough to upgrade the schools and hospitals. Whereas, the investment efficiency in arts is very hard to measure . In fact, almost art activities such as music contests, film productions can be held based on social capital, so the State can be focus on others economic and social goals.

To sum up, it is imperative to thoroughly examine both strength and weakness of this suggestion before it can be applied in each country. Particularly in Vietnam, I am better convinced of the later view because of the economic as well as art development level of our country. I think we should keep using the social capital for art and our government should be concentrate on developing infrastructure such as electrical networks, roads, schools and hospitals.
  6. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hizzz, isn't everyone interested in my topic? Why there are only me and Mr.Chirido?
  7. Hàng xẻng

Hàng xẻng New Member

Tham gia:
    20/6/10
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    think are must be between why and there :-?
  8. trinhtuananh_0512

trinhtuananh_0512 Super Moderator Cựu BQT

Tham gia:
    3/1/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    It's very easy :)) Because i don't learn E well, then i don't know how to express my thinking by English :-<
    If you want someone to comment this topic, you must to calm down and wait :))
    (viết thế này đúng ko nhỉ :-? ai hiểu ý mình thì check hộ phát xem đúng hay sai cái) :">
  9. huyhoang.neu

huyhoang.neu Super Moderator Thành viên BQT

Tham gia:
    18/11/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    System32
    i just go in and then go out :go:
  10. trinhtuananh_0512

Tham gia:
    3/1/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    If you want to comment by Vietnamese, plz make it white =D
    (làm giống anh này :"> gọi chung cứ bình tĩnh mà cmt, vừa viết vừa chổng mông tra từ điển nhé :))
  11. Mưa buồn

Mưa buồn New Member

Tham gia:
    28/9/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    ok, then I got a ticket
    (cứ google mà dịch:))
  12. Green_Naruto

Green_Naruto Super Moderator Thành viên BQT

Tham gia:
    20/1/11
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội Capital
    Ko có Must to nhé a :brick:
    Cứ viế ra thôi a zai ạ, ng biết thì sửa là đc mà?
    Ps: Vụ Eng hour on CB chìm xuồng nữa :thobua77:
    Câu đấy cũng nên áp dụng vs a đấy :gach:
    Viết thì cứ để chữ màu khác đi, lại còn trắng làm j :gach:
    Mà có lẽ chỉnh là: U should comment without white color :-?
  13. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    Hello everyone! Firstly, I'm a girl, not a guy :-( :))

We are talking about formal use of English as Hang started this topic this way. So I have some tips about formal English I would like to share with you guys.

As you know, in formal language, we use very polite forms of words and sentences. We don't use abbreviations or slang. In writing, we should keep the essay as much formal as possible.

We shouldn't use: can, will, have to, must
    We use: could, would, should, might, may

We shouldn't use: so, very, too, a lot of, lots of...
    We use: therefore, accordingly, significantly, a large number of, a variety of....

We shouldn't write: can't, don't, haven't, won't, isn't, aren't
    We write: cannot, do not, have not, will not, is not, are not

It's very interesting to learn about different ways to express your ideas. I guess Hang is learning Toefl, which is good because I'm learning Toefl too!

And what is Eng hour on CB?
  14. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    I think your topic is very interesting. Our students just haven't felt comfortable enough to let go and speak English. Our forum should have a class or club, maybe once a week, to speak and write about free topics. I see many students here want to learn English, and it costs a lot of money to study in English centers. I'm not sure about the efficiency because I have learned in several English centers before, but my English gets better only when I study myself.

Anyway, we can hold free classes for everyone. I have seen the whole set of FTU text books for teaching English, and I'm quite shocked actually. Even I'm not so bad in English, their English program is really hard. Their students should learn their ass off to catch up. I hope our English program in NEU would be like that someday. It would be great to see any NEUer can speak English "as fast as wind" :))
  15. trinhtuananh_0512

Tham gia:
    3/1/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
  16. sinhvienkt

sinhvienkt New Member

Tham gia:
    25/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    How should I do to be more confident during an interview? Would you mind sharing your experience =D
  17. Katy

Katy Moderator Thành viên BQT Thành Viên BQT

Tham gia:
    28/5/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    NA
    i think you should ask GG oppa. :))
  18. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    Fake it until you make it :)
  19. shinichi90

shinichi90 Member

Tham gia:
    28/3/10
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hải Dương
    From my experiences, I think you should consider your interview as a normal comunication, talk what you think, be truth =D
  20. Gấu ú

Gấu ú Well-Known Member Cựu BQT

Tham gia:
    7/1/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Nhà của Ú
    I think we should re-open the English time in Chatbox :=D: Let's Vote :=D: 10h30 to 11h30 is comfortable for me. And in this topic, if our English is not good and we have no idea to discuss, we can tell about what we study in Class. Example: Today I study Business English from 8am to 11am, and the topic is "Companies". We have learned about types of company: large multinational corporation, small or medium sized family business, trendy new high-tech corporation.... Writing to the paper what we learn, we can remember more than we just read =D

Chia sẻ trang này

Tự học Tiếng Anh mỗi ngày | Căn hộ The Gold View mặt tiền Bến Vân Đồn | Dự án Vinhomes Central Park của VinGroup | Mở bán tháp Gold River View | Bảo vệ | Viện dân số và các vấn đề xã hội | Game Bigone Online | sach luyen thi toeic | diễn đàn y khoa | diễn đàn sinh viên | cao đẳng y | trung cấp y dược | cao đẳng y dược hà nội | Cao đẳng Dược Hà Nội |