Writing & speaking English, 1 topic per week!

Thảo luận trong 'Tiếng Anh' bắt đầu bởi hang442, 2/10/12.

1. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    When you apply to companies, usually you will have a test (multiple choice and writing) and an interview (sometimes there are 2 interviews - group and individual). So let's practice together. From easy to difficult. Hope you enjoy it.
    Start with a very very familiar topic: Introduce yourself.

Imaging that you are in an interview with your employer. You applied to the position that you dreamed about, and now you are at the company that you want to work for. So what will you say to impressed the interviewer?
    Chỉnh sửa cuối: 3/10/12
  2. shinichi90

shinichi90 Member

Tham gia:
    28/3/10
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hải Dương
    Good topic, I will start firstly =D. I only want introduce myself with whole members of svktqd forum. :).

My name is Hung. I graduated from National Economics University with Planning and Development major approximately 3 months ago. Currently, I am unemployed ^^. That's all about me =D, Free ask me any questions if you want to get more information :).

Instead of imaging what i will say and do in this interview, I will share with everyone how I can impress on employers. Initially, I often wear formal clothes such as shirts, trousers in the interview, which creates the positive first impression of interviews about a professional, careful and polite candidate. Furthermore, deficiency of working experiences is weakness of most of fresh graduates; Hence, I often concentrate on my soft and academic skills which I accumulated from University, Temporary Jobs and Social Activities. I also emphasize on what I can contribute to the development of the company. Eventually, some successful candidates advise me that "you should give apparent and appropriate targets in the future". Employers will consider your targets so as to determine that you actually are a suitable candidates with their strategy and goal.

For a long time, I don't use English, so hope that everyone can check and fix my mistakes.
    Thank you so much :).
  3. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Well, maybe it's hard to you with a not-prepared topic. Thus, I will offer the next week's topic right now:

YOUR COVER LETTER!
    (It's really a very hard topic for me :(()

Cover letter, well well well... :)). It's a part that can't-be-missed in your application.Unlike CVs have many templates (you can search it on the company's website or on google), a cover letter forces you to think seriously,
    to lie subtly ;). Your cover letter have to make the employer curious to see your CV.

Ok, that's the topic of next week. Prepare and show your product on next Tuesday. Now let's come back to the speaking topic: Introduce yourself!
  4. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    Nice topic :) I think Shinichi is very confident and is hang442 the mod of English box?

Hello everyone. I'm a NEU alumna. I graduated from NEU since Jan 2011. I would like to introduce some things about me because I'm happy to make friends with younger NEU students :)

My major at NEU is International Business Management. I am currently working for a consultant firm. Since I was in my third year, I worked part time for an NGO as a translator and casual staff. I'm interested in social activities, NGO and voluntary work. Since Jan 2011, I joined a translation team for an education project of UN. We haven't had much of work but it's nice to meet new friends and know new things. I know there are some NEU students in the team too but I haven't had a chance to know them because I just work with the coordinators and there wasn't much team work as well. Besides, I help a friend with article translation for his company's website. I do it not for money but for fun. It's just like reading newspaper.

Literally, I haven't had any job interview. My English is not perfect but I have environment to learn it well. I'm particularly good at translating and doing research. It's nice to see that young NEU students are eager to learn and very confident. I think it's good to practice English often because it's the only way to perfect it. I want to find someone to practice English with but I cannot join classes because it's not convenient for me. So if there is any one wants to study English through emails or Skype, I'm willing to join.

Believe me, English will open doors and offer great opportunities for you. So please please take time for English because it's worthy and you won't regret! :)
  5. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Thank Chirido, but I am not mod of this box (or any box on this forum) :)). I just think NEU students need some threads of this type ;)
    New week, new topic. If you want, we can come back with introduce yourseft later.
    Now plz post your Cover letters that you prepared here and we'll discuss about them.
  6. Datbau

Datbau Super Moderator

Tham gia:
    1/9/10
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Air Blade hội
    Good idea :X
    I am learning Basic, so English is very very bad. But I hope I will change to positive in the future :p

--->
    I am learning English Basic Level, so my English ability is very very bad. But I believe I will change positively in the future =D
    Chỉnh sửa cuối: 9/10/12
  7. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    Where are you learning English Đạt? :)
  8. lynguyenneu

lynguyenneu New Member

Tham gia:
    4/1/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    With my dream, i have just tried my best to study english and i know,in orfer to study english well, i have to practise as much as possible. I finished my english course for 5 month and now i understand that if i don't practise it frequently, i can lose all my knowledge i have studied. THanks for your topic, it give me a chance to exchange experience about life, especially that of graduated students with others. I am a three-year student, i don't have much time to stop my thought, i need to start learning english again. thanks u very very much. i will check this topic whenever i start my computer and hope all of you will help me to improve my english and receive necessary skills to apply to my desired position at work too. ^^ Thanks so much :-x
  9. Hango93

Hango93 New Member

Tham gia:
    14/8/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    U joined a trans. Team for an education project of UN right? May I apply for it? I want too ^^
  10. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Hey, 4rum has another thread for you guys chat in English. My topic is about writing and speaking formally in tests and interviews. :((
    Plz be focus in the topic!
  11. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
  12. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    Sr Hang :) I think our students don't have much experience with job interviews. It's hard to talk about something has yet to happen :)) May we choose some easier topics?
  13. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    =)) It'll be too late if you practice after you have experience. Right? This thread is where members can practice before they have actual tests/interviews. If you're afraid of difficulty, you'll never go far.
  14. chirido

chirido New Member

Tham gia:
    29/4/08
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Hà Nội
    I think interviews mean someone asks and someone answers. It's two way communication. But you're right, practice makes perfect :)
  15. Katy

Katy Moderator Thành viên BQT Thành Viên BQT

Tham gia:
    28/5/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    NA
    oh. Hello everyone, hello girls, hello boys, hello gay and esspecially my family svktqd.com.
    maybe everyone knows my name, but i will repeat it. hee. may name is Katy.^^. although it's not my real name but i love it. :X. i don't know how many students the same me who is from other university, but i'm very proud of to be a member in this 4r. Maybe it's fate. ah. following is my profile. i come from HANU-Hanoi University. i study bachelor of accounting. i'm freshman, so taking part in this place makes me perfect. I don't know what to say than I love it. This place gives me some people who seem to be relative. they are brothers, sisters, friends. From Datbau, Gấu ú, Minhchau, ngaotang, Vân Vi Vu to mithamho, winmyself, sky...blah blah...
    I'm not good at writing. so my paragraph may be meaningless. therefore, i will stop here!.
    =====>>>>>>i hope my basic skills will be improved fast to be not in unemployment in the future. :((((
  16. trái ớt nhỏ

trái ớt nhỏ Member

Tham gia:
    24/2/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    tp.HCM
    Thank hang444 very much for creating an actractive topic and now I am much honored to introduce myself here.:yoyo93:

I amaze I’ll apply at a company in Hanoi:yoyo124: ( coz: It’s hard to say about Hanoi. Romantic, charming, picturesque, beautiful – they’re all words easily used to describe it.

But it has a distinct charisma that makes me tend to fall in love with this place.:yoyo21: Maybe Hanoi’s people, street, old town, …are traditinal colours. And more than, Hanoi is beautiful round year, for me, actually the autumn is my impression. Roads fulfilling yellow leaves dropping as well as the cent of flower dairy make anyone cannot forget over and over.:yoyo29: So, I decide to chose this place to live and work. I love Ha Noi so much, if my mum allowed me to go to HN, I would work in there ):yoyo84:

My name is Nguyen Khanh Thu. I am 22 years old and I come from HCM city. I am seeking an opportunity to work as a Accountant. My ability and awareness of your unparalleled reputation have led me to want to work for your company.

I have a bachelor degree with a major in the Finance &Banking . I graduated from EUH , which is considered one of the best universities in the HCM city. My 4 years of undergraduate study, I was granted a scholarship every semester. ( I craked a joke, actually, I only had scholarship …6 semesters ^^):yoyo193:

Besides, I participated in many school activities such as Support “ Ring the gold bell”, “ Way to the Wall programes, member of Youth Union related to organizing social activities voluntary, events which widened my horizons and gave me many opportunities to do practical work in company. Ex: trainee of accounting for Lead company, and customer care department at An Binh bank.:yoyo170:

During this period, I have learned much. I have learned the values of teamwork and commitment, How to solve some proplems the best, training my skills, how to work hard, how to concentrate and focus on goals, and how to balance my time and priorities. The passing months offered me a good chance to give full my creativity, intelligence and diligence.:yoyo51:

With a good health, solid knowledge, youthful passion, yearning for the future and with admiration for your company, I am eager to enter your company and make my share of contribution to it.:yoyo199::yoyo199:

Note: If you have an interview, first, you say: Good morning everyone! Thank you for your time this morning And then, in the content, you say more your habit, your dream (I want to be a professional investor and business owner in the next five years, atc ),

(Something isn’t true, and my knowledge about grammar is not good. ( maybe I’m wrong about: structure, words, tences, atc. For a long time I haven’t written essay. I can speak EL well coz “ I can use body language if they don’t know what I say! =)) or I spell that word ^^:yoyo64:

Thank you for reading !:yoyo198::yoyo198::yoyo198:
  17. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    @TYPN: do you want to say something? ;))
  18. hang442

hang442 Member

Tham gia:
    10/5/09
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Here is my discuss on trai ot nho's essay. (Just what I think, I'm not sure it true for 100% :p)
  19. The_wish_maker

The_wish_maker New Member

Tham gia:
    11/10/10
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    Ngõ nhỏ phố nhỏ nhà tui ở đó. Đêm nằm lặn
    oh, sallute amico. Can I use dual lang, I'm Italian :piembarrassed:
    U oh, u can't speak Italian, 2 bad. U r Vietnamese ? Luckily my mother is VNese and I have lived in VN since I was a child.It's a shame we cant use our mother lang 2 speak each other. OK we start again:nice:
    Chào thím, hôm nay em đến đây để đc in tơ viu :huyhoang:
  20. trái ớt nhỏ

trái ớt nhỏ Member

Tham gia:
    24/2/12
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Nơi ở:
    tp.HCM
    sr, tại lúc viết bài đang đói, 444 là tên quán Bún mắm t rất thik ăn =))

Chia sẻ trang này

Tự học Tiếng Anh mỗi ngày | Căn hộ The Gold View mặt tiền Bến Vân Đồn | Dự án Vinhomes Central Park của VinGroup | Mở bán tháp Gold River View | Bảo vệ | Viện dân số và các vấn đề xã hội | Game Bigone Online | sach luyen thi toeic | diễn đàn y khoa | diễn đàn sinh viên | cao đẳng y | trung cấp y dược | cao đẳng y dược hà nội | Cao đẳng Dược Hà Nội |